Peanut butter chocolate chip muffins

By | February 6, 2012

How did I not think of this myself?

Peanut butter. Chocolate. MUFFINS.

And yet, although I’ve combined the two many times, it never occurred to me to combine them in a muffin.

I have to say, I’m kind of embarrassed.

Not for long, though. The point is that I made them. And ate them. And naturally, loved them.

You can see that I also made baby muffins. I know they’re really called mini muffins, but look at them! They are such babies.

Such sneaky babies, also. Because who eats just one? Those things are like the size of a spoonful of macaroni…if that.

In other words, they’re kind of a waste of a paper liner. Whenever I make them, I ask myself why I bothered.

And then I remember: I like cute food.

No matter which size you make them, though, these are the perfect pantry-item muffins. I bet you have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now.

I bet you also want one of these muffins right now.

Which is great, but also sort of not. Because these really need to cool in the fridge overnight for you to get the best flavor.

I know you’re going to eat one straight from the oven anyway. (I did.) Just don’t be too disappointed when you realize the flavor hasn’t settled yet.

And remember to head back for more in the morning.

Abigail on February 6, 2012 at 10:03 am.

Ok, we love your Peanut butter biscuits (even if mine do turn out a bit different to yours :) ). Def going to have to try these soon!!

Tali Simon on February 6, 2012 at 10:27 am.

Feel free to invite us over when you do…somehow, we’re all out of them. :)

Aaron on February 6, 2012 at 11:37 am.

Ahem. Sorry, just clearing my throat.

Laura on February 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm.

I really love how you styled the pictures–so cheerful and bright. Is that a drinking glass with a cow on it? Too cute. And I also like the use of whole wheat flour instead of white with these muffins. It almost makes them health food. Right?

Tali Simon on February 6, 2012 at 6:07 pm.

It’s actually a bottle, intended to store my personal supply of iced coffee in the summer. Works well as a prop, too, though!

Yeah, the whole wheat totally makes them healthy. A legit breakfast! (I hope.)

Abigail on February 6, 2012 at 5:56 pm.

Tali, what I want to know is when are you making your next batch – we’ll pop in on our way to work to pick up our breakfast :)

Rivki on February 8, 2012 at 2:12 am.

Oh my, I’m not sure if I love the recipe or the pictures more! These are definitely getting made, and soon. Your photography is breathtaking. Bravo!

Tali Simon on February 8, 2012 at 3:14 am.

I tried hard to come up with something different/interesting for the blog’s fifth muffin photo shoot, so your comment is really appreciated!

Danny on January 6, 2013 at 8:45 am.

Tali,

I’ve been looking EVERYWHERE for a simple recipe for peanut-butter-chocolate-chip muffins and I have to say, yours takes the cake (pun intended lol). I’m quite excited to use my last few cups of whole wheat flour on these before heading back for another semester. You’ve made this college kid happy!

Danny

Tali Simon on January 6, 2013 at 3:49 pm.

So glad!

avigail on January 14, 2013 at 1:32 am.

These where easy and yummy, I like the fact that the peanut butter masks the taste of whole wheat. I didn’t have time to wait for my butter to soften so I used canola oil instead, and they came out perfect. Thanks