Salmon burgers (on adorable buns)

By | March 13, 2012

This was the real reason I made those bread crumbs yesterday.

I mean, I really did have extra bread in the freezer. And yeah, Pesach really is in a few weeks.

But I needed a good, solid reason to make bread crumbs. And salmon burgers are a really good reason.

Especially salmon burgers in adorable buns. (Thank you, mishloach manot.) And especially salmon burgers with a touch of lettuce, tomato, and avocado.

The original recipe calls for barbeque sauce, which I thought sounded great.

…In theory.

Because, see, I was going to make my own ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and then use those in a barbeque sauce.

But then I spent 4 hours in transit for a two-and-a-half-hour office meeting.

And when I finally got home and took out the ingredients to start dinner, I decided to take a nice lil’ short cut.

You may call him Mr. Tomato Paste.

And you know what? He worked just fine.

Aliza S on March 21, 2012 at 3:38 pm.

Just want to say that I LOVE your website! Not only are the recipes fantastic, but the writing style is just great- it makes for such an enjoyable read.

I made these salmon burgers the other day and literally ate them all up! Do you know if they could be frozen/re-heated and still be ok?

Thanks for the great work!

Tali Simon on March 21, 2012 at 4:22 pm.

Thank you so much, Aliza!

I’ve never tried freezing these, but I think they would do well. If you try it, please let me know how it goes!

Lily on December 2, 2012 at 9:49 pm.

How big of a salmon can do I use? Thank you!

Tali Simon on December 2, 2012 at 11:25 pm.

Thanks for the catch! I updated the ingredient list.

Gail on January 6, 2013 at 2:36 pm.

I prefer to use the boneless salmon in pouches. These are usually $1 in CVS, which is a steal. How much net salmon do you need for this recipe?

Tali Simon on January 8, 2013 at 11:19 am.

That really is a steal. I’d say about 1½ cups, maybe a little more.

J on July 7, 2013 at 7:30 am.

Can you bake these instead of frying?

Tali Simon on July 7, 2013 at 8:28 am.

People seem to have success baking this type of thing. I’ve never done it, but I think it could work. Try lightly greasing a foil-lined baking sheet and misting them with cooking spray — might help get the outsides crispier.