Honey-Glazed Garlic & Ginger Sugar Snaps from Tales of an Overtime Cook

By | December 20, 2012

Today’s post comes from Miriam at Tales of an Overtime Cook. The two of us have never met, but we started our blogs within one day of each other, and I’ve been following her kitchen adventures almost from the very beginning.

Miriam’s specialty is baking, and her blog certainly has the desserts to show for it. But that’s not all — Overtime Cook also has a great selection of appetizers, soups, salads, mains, and sides. Plus, her photography is pretty stunning. So if you don’t already follow her blog, you should really get on that.

As for me, I’ll be back on Sunday with a weekly menu plan. -Tali

One year ago: Chocolate pretzel crust tart

Hi everyone! My name is Miriam, but some folks call me the Overtime Cook. I am so excited to be guest posting for Tali here on More Quiche, Please.

Chanukah is behind us, and I, for one, need to get back on the diet train. Latkes and doughnuts and fried treats are great, but who’s ready for some delicious vegetables? Ok, keep your hands raised, because today I am sharing with all of you my current favorite vegetable recipe.

But first, let’s talk for a minute about what makes a recipe my favorite. Obviously, it has to be delicious. But there’s more than that. They don’t call me the overtime cook for nothing. I have so little time to spend in the kitchen, that a recipe that doesn’t take up much of that time is a serious winner in my book. I discussed this issue more at length on my own blog, but a recipe that allows me to stick some things in the oven, go on with my life, and come back some number of minutes later to a delicious and finished dish is simply the best kind there is. Don’t you agree?

I knew you would! That’s why I am sharing these fabulous sugar snaps with you. They just happen to be insanely delicious (and totally addictive. No jokes. Make about double what you think you’ll need!) and of course, they are super easy. Bake these on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and you have virtually no cleanup either. Seriously, what more could you ask for? (And don’t say negative-calorie chocolate. I checked. That isn’t a thing.)

I hope you all love these as much as I do! Don’t forget to come say hi on my blog, Tales of an Overtime Cook! -Miriam

Andrea on December 21, 2012 at 12:43 am.

They look awesome; I’m literally going downstairs to make these right now.
I laughed out loud at your comment about no-cal chocolate–That isn’t a thing. So funny. Thanks!

jessica on December 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm.

i love sugar snap peas! awesome plate, too – nice guest post :)

stephanie/the kosher foodies on December 21, 2012 at 8:06 pm.

sugar snap peas are my favorite snack! i never cook them, though; i’ll have to try this. and i love the serving dish!

Ariella on December 21, 2012 at 8:28 pm.

You were totally right about making double. My son came home from school and inhaled half the pan so I had to pull another bag out of the freezer :-)
Any idea how to reheat for shabbos without getting soggy?

Tali Simon on December 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm.

I cover everything going on the blech with a sheet of foil that I poke all over with a knife (I do this before shabbos). The slits/holes allow steam to escape instead of dripping down onto the food.

IR on December 24, 2012 at 5:10 am.

Thanks, I love that idea!

Miriam @ Overtime Cook on December 24, 2012 at 5:35 am.

Thanks everyone, I am so glad you enjoyed!

Thanks for having me Tali!

Rena on December 24, 2012 at 6:52 pm.

These sound great! I am thinking about making these with green beans instead of peas (not a pea lover).

Ariella on December 24, 2012 at 9:34 pm.

Thanks
I tend to warm things up Friday night in oven set on shabbos mode timer so poking holes in foil wouldn’t really help in that case.
These were not nearly as exciting once they lost their crispiness :-(
I think we will consider them a super yummy weeknight side dish

leah on January 1, 2013 at 5:03 am.

the taste was phenomenal but it wasnt enough to coat all my peas

shira on September 17, 2014 at 2:23 pm.

im not sure if this is a stupid question or not… but can i use edamame instead of snap peas?

Tali Simon on September 17, 2014 at 2:35 pm.

Never a stupid question! I haven’t tried it myself, but some quick googling shows me that you can roast shelled edamame with oil and spices like the ones in this recipe. There seems to be a temperature range of 375-400 F and 15-40 minutes baking time, so you should keep on eye on them and have a taste to see whether they’re done to your liking. Meanwhile, I’ll put experimenting with this on my to-do list. Good luck!