Chanukah pizza (or the biggest latke ever)

By | November 5, 2013

chanukah-pizza-1.jpg

Ever wonder what would happen if you made a pizza crust out of shredded potato and subbed out the sauce and cheese for latke toppings? I tried it for you. It’s wonderful.

Between the latke crust, sour cream, and caramelized onions, this is a total latke experience. Except! There’s no frying, and it takes far less time to make since it’s basically all oven time. It slices up cleanly, though because of the delicate crust, this isn’t finger food. I don’t think you’ll mind, though. And I’m sure your kids won’t complain, either.

chanukah-pizza-2.jpg

If you’re looking for something new and fun to make this Chanukah, or if you were hoping for something delicious that’s still low-oil, you really have to try this Chanukah pizza.

Variations are endless, of course. You can use any sauteed veggie in place of the onions, and if you’re more of a latkes-and-applesauce person, you can top your pizza with applesauce and cinnamon.

Either way, Kislev is here. It’s potato time.

P.S. Congratulations to Dassy, the winner of the Starters & Sides Made Easy giveaway! Dassy, there’s an email waiting for you. Everyone else, thanks for entering.

Rena @ No Way That's Healthy! on November 5, 2013 at 2:20 pm.

Tali, this looks so good!!!

Alex on November 5, 2013 at 4:06 pm.

If you have a cast-iron skillet, check out recipes for Swiss rosti. You don’t need a cast iron skillet for it but it is greatly improved if you do. Sadly, I don’t.

Tali Simon on November 5, 2013 at 4:17 pm.

I’ve made something like it in the past using my smaller nonstick skillet. Works beautifully.

Keshet on November 6, 2013 at 3:01 pm.

SO excited to try this–I love latkes, but cannot handle the fried oil mess and smell!

Dida Bomzer on November 6, 2013 at 6:14 pm.

This is a great idea!! Looks delicious!

dena @ohyoucook on November 10, 2013 at 4:26 am.

Great idea, even if I am a latke and applesauce person.

MJ on November 27, 2013 at 4:42 pm.

Thank you so much for this recipe. I’m about to go into the kitchen and make it. My husband is a huge latkes fan, but I’m not to fond of the frying. This sounds like a great solution.