I was going to share a salad with you today, but it’s been raining nonstop for something like 48 hours, and even with the heater on, it’s cold. Rain is a good thing, but who’s satisfied by a salad in this weather? And honestly, Chanukah feels so far away that I can’t even remember all the oil we went through. So I’m pushing off the post-Chanukah, guilt-free salad for another time.
Instead, I’ve gathered together 15 delicious dishes to warm you up like nobody’s business. Many of them are made from pantry items, which is a huge bonus when going out for new ingredients — even to a neighbor — is as appealing as the mud on my stroller wheels. What are you cooking today?
P.S. Not inspired by these links? Browse the recipe index for more ideas. These are some of my top picks, but there’s a lot of good stuff waiting for you there.
- Quinoa chili (serve with cornbread muffins; sweet topping optional)
- Lasagna soup
- Carrot rice soup
- Minestrone soup
- Perfect split pea soup
- Black bean pumpkin soup (most filling thing ever)
- Red lentil sweet potato soup
- Creamy mushroom barley pilaf (or its cousin, mushroom barley pie)
- Creamy roasted butternut penne
- Lentil vegetable medley
- Cheesy pierogi lasagna
- Upside-down vegetable towers